Small Business News & Strategy
Small Business - News & Strategy
Website Design / CMS
What is a content management system (CMS)
A content management system (CMS) is an interface for your website that allows you to easily update the content and advertisements by yourself. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage and it doesn't cost you a thing when you need to perform updates.
Whether you're implementing an informational website for personal use or a more complex
e-commerce website store with several hundred products, we recognize the importance for organizations to maintain their own content in order to maximize efficiency.
All Logounion websites come standard with a content management system (CMS) so that you can update your own web pages to inform and attract new customers.
Web Design / Mobile
Why Mobile Website Design is Becoming Increasingly Important?
There are 4 Billion local searches on Google per month, and 59% of consumers use their mobile device to buy local products/services. Is your website optimized for mobile users?
Mobile search is growing at an amazing rate and is becoming a huge trend for customers accessing the internet to shop and find information especially for local products and services. As a result, having a mobile optimized web design is becoming an increasingly important factor to the success of any business.
If the current capabilities of mobile devices are a sign of things to come, imagine what will be possible five years from now.
Below are 5 reasons anyone with an online presence should establish a mobile presence separate from your traditional website:
1) 1/5 of Canadians access the mobile web each day.
2) $1.7 billion purchased from mobile devices in 2010.
3) 91% of U.S. adults own a cell phone.
4) Mobile advertising spending will surpass $6.5 billion in 2012.
5) Users average 13 hours online per week, up from 7 in 2002.
Small Business Tips
How to Choose a Good Domain Name?
A good domain name that relates is an important part for any web presence. Below are a few tips to consider when choosing a domain name for your small business website.
1) Whenever possible register a domain name that is the same as your business name.
2) Stick with a '.com' domain as your primary name. '.com' domains are the most popular and recognized extension used worldwide.
3) Consider a country-specific domain as well if you are running a local business (.ca, etc.). This address can be redirected to the primary '.com' domain or vice-versa.
4) Keep it short. Shorter domain names are easier to remember and easier to type.
5) When redirecting domains be sure to use a 301 redirect to comply with Search Engines.
4 Simple SEO Tips for Any Business Website
Below are 4 simple SEO tips and techniques that will help you increase traffic and search engine rankings for your website.
1. CONTENT REIGNS.
Write quality content that is interesting, helpful, compelling, and relevant to your business and services. Don’t forget to use your keywords. Include these words in your web page content, title, and headings.
2. UPDATE YOUR WEBSITE CONTENT AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN.
Change it up and keep it fresh. Add new interesting content to your website on a regular basis. Search engines will recognize your effort, visit your pages more regularly, and rank your site higher as a result.
3. SEO-FRIENDLY TITLE TAGS AND META TAGS
Include relevant keywords in your page titles and Meta data to help describe the content on your web pages. The more relevant a page is to a specific topic, the higher that page will be ranked for a particular keyword.
4. INBOUND AND OUTBOUND LINKS.
Link to highly popular, trusted and reputable organizations. Search engines tend to favor websites with more external links pointing to them from a variety of sources over websites with few or no backlinks.
Copyright © 2006 -
LogoUnion | All Rights Reserved